Pecel / vegetable mix
- Boiled soybeans
- spinach, cabbage, sprouts, and other vegetables according to taste
- 1 oz Peanut
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Brown sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stick kencur *.
How to make:
- Fried peanuts until soft, then finely mashed / blended.
- Take the taste of peanuts with chili, kencur, garlic, sugar
- red and salt to taste
- to ground All. Put just enough water to soften.
- All Vegetables steamed 5 minutes or according to taste.
serve with rice chips
* What is kencur ?
lesser galangal = lesser galangale = kencur root = kentjur root = zedoary Notes: This Indonesian rhizome looks a bit like ginger, only it's smaller and darker. It's hard to find in the U.S., but your best bet is to look in Asian markets. It's sold fresh, frozen, pickled, dried, or powdered. Used the dried or powdered versions only in a pinch. One teaspoon powdered = two teaspoons fresh minced. Substitutes: fingerroot OR galangal (sharper flavor) OR ginger